We are seeking a post-PhD individual to help us with the ongoing MPFM experimental and data analysis / interpretation programme, participate in problem-solving and generally help Flodatix drive the product to commercialisation within aggressive timescales.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Applications Engineer will support the technical development of the Flodatix non-intrusive, non-nuclear, fully electrical and tomography-based next generation MPFM for the oilfield services sector. This support will not only involve the design, implementation, test and validation of our bespoke sensors and instrumentation, but also the use and maintenance of internal knowhow algorithms and client-end software solutions - although some elements may be outsourced - in order to deliver a robust fit-for-purpose commercial product.
The ideal applicant will be able to demonstrate the following practical skills and experience:
- Fluid mechanics, involving experience in experimentation and modelling, preferably in respect of multiphase flow measurement;
- Development and interpretation of real-time image processing and data analysis;
- Turn-key reporting systems;
- Matlab experience is essential, with knowledge of C++ also beneficial; and Knowledge of sensors and instrumentation would be advantageous.
In addition, the successful applicant will possess the following personal attributes:
- A problem-solving and results driven mentality;
- Excellent communication skills;
- An open, constructive, challenging and collaborative approach;
- A “can do” attitude; and
- An ability to work as an integral member of a high-quality engineering team.
Based at our facility in Basingstoke, Hampshire UK, but with the potential for some travel, possibly occasionally overseas, Flodatix is offering a competitive salary equivalent to £30,000.00 per annum, plus the opportunity to join the company pension scheme in which the we will contribute up to 4%.
Some assistance with relocation may be considered.
As well as public and bank holidays, the Flodatix holiday entitlement is equivalent to 25 days per annum.
The company does not offer private healthcare or any other employee benefits.